This weekend, in no particular order:
- So much sun
- Beach with Jon and Heather and Frances
- Beach with my girls the next day
- Spicy shrimp and surf & turf tacos from Oscar’s
- First peach of 2012
- Three (tiny) naps
- Shannon’s incredible blueberry pie
- Lunch with Nick
- Dinner with Lee and Terra
- Playing in the waves
- The New Yorker story about Guadalajara
And then the one thing that is out of all orders because it was the best: letting waves wash over Cate and hearing her coo at them, delighted. She loves the sea, and she loved playing in the sand after.
This was a beautiful San Diego summer weekend – warm, with friends, with Shannon, and now with Cate which made it the best weekend ever.