Click above to see a bunch of pics taken during a week of camping in Point Reyes (you can also see them as a slideshow). Highlights:
- Hiking toward Tomales Point. It was unreal. Highlight of the whole trip. So quiet and beautiful. Hawks flying overhead. Waves crashing far below. Elk grazing in the valley. Lord of the Rings style lunch of bread, cheeses and cured meat.
- Ice cream at Cowgirl Creamery.
- Pancakes fried in butter on cast iron over the fire. They tasted like donuts.
- Pancakes fried in bacon fat on cast iron over the fire.
- Dutch oven lasagna, enchiladas, potatoes and ham au gratin, peach cobbler, and peach crisp.
- Basically all the food was a highlight. It was fun cooking outside again.
- Cate learning to stand.
- Cate playing with her cousins.
It was all just one big highlight. A beautiful time. Now my girls are back in San Diego, and I’m staying in San Francisco for the first week of the Code for America Accelerator. I miss them already, but I’m glad I got to spend so much time with them before spending a week away.
Life is fun and exciting right now. I promise to try to blog more about it.